How to get a residence permit for students? Learn now!
Determine the type of student residence permit needed
The first step in obtaining a student residence permit in Turkey is to determine the type of permit needed. The type of permit required will depend on the length of the study program. If the program is less than six months, a short-term residence permit is required. If the program is longer than six months, a student residence permit is required.
To apply for a student residence permit in Turkey, foreign students must apply online through the Turkish government’s e-Devlet system or in person at the local Directorate General of Migration Management (DGMM) office. The following documents are required for the application:
* A valid passport or travel document
* A letter of acceptance from a Turkish educational institution
* Proof of financial means to support oneself during the stay in Turkey
* A health insurance policy
* Two passport-sized photographs
* A completed application form
* Attend the appointment and biometric data collection
* After submitting the application and required documents, the foreign student will receive an appointment date and time to attend the DGMM office to provide biometric data (fingerprint and photograph). This appointment must be attended, as biometric data is a mandatory requirement for the student residence permit.
Wait for the decision
After completing the application and biometric data collection process, the DGMM will review the application and make a decision. The decision will be communicated to the applicant through the e-Devlet system or via the DGMM office.
If the application is approved, the student residence permit will be issued and delivered to the applicant’s address. The student must then register with the Turkish educational institution within a specified period to validate the permit.
In conclusion, obtaining a student residence permit in Turkey is a simple process that requires specific documents and procedures. The process involves determining the type of permit needed, applying online or in person, attending the biometric data collection appointment, waiting for the decision, and receiving the student residence permit. By following these steps, foreign students can legally reside and study in Turkey without any issues.